Powers of Attorney
POWERS OF ATTORNEY SERVICES
Powers of Attorney for Property and Personal Care are only valid during your lifetime.
In the Power of Attorney for Property, you designate someone to deal with your personal finances in your absence, inability or incapacity. In the Power of Attorney for Personal Care, you designate someone to make decisions for you when you are incapable of doing so yourself. These decisions may range from health care (including authority to refuse or consent to medical treatment), to shelter, nutrition, clothing, safety and hygiene.
Our Power of Attorney Services include:
- Preparing your current net worth
- Assessing your health, disability, long-term care and critical illness insurance needs
- Identifying and addressing issues such as:
- Substitute decisions provisions (if you do not appoint an attorney)
- Appointment of attorneys and alternates
- Circumstances for which you wish to provide specific instructions
- Alter Ego and Joint Partner trusts
- Tax considerations
- The impact of family law provisions
- Other important clauses
- Discussing potential conflict between family members
- Planning for your business succession and wind-up
- Preparing Powers of Attorney instructions to your estates lawyer
- Reviewing draft legal documents
- Providing Attorney for Property Services.